Re: Doc update, 0x020 update summary

Pete,
I'm going to post a piece of the software section then try to edit it.
I had a pile of edits when  AOL just froze up. Good news is the phone
line checked out for 4 megabits/sec download and 1 megabit/sec
upload. Basically a T1 line. Now if I only had deep pockets.

 - Office productivity
        - Word processing
        - Desktop publishing
        - Spreadsheets
        - Databases
 - Financial
 - Internet
        - Email
        - Web browsing
        - e-commerce
 - Software development
 - Engineering
        - CAD
        - Analysis (structural, vibration, earthquake)
 - Educational
 - Games
 - Audio processing
 - Video processing

- Which one of the above would you say you use most often?
- Choose all of the above that you use on a regular basis
- Do you think you would use more powerful software than what you use
now if it were available?

How important are the following word processing features to your work:
    - ability to read other word processing formats
    - settings tabs easily
    - spell checking
    - using many different typefaces and font sizes
    - mail merge
    - WYSIWYG
    - macros
How important are the following desktop publishing features to your
work:
    - ability to read other desktop publishing formats
    - importing images
    - using many different typefaces and font sizes
    - WYSIWYG
How important are the following spreadsheet features to your work:
    - ability to read other spreadsheet formats
    - linking a formula to other cells (relative addressing)
    - locking a formula to the contents of specific cells (absolute
addressing, ie. $E$5)
    - having a formula bar to troubleshoot complicated formulas
    - predefined formulas (statistical, financial, or mathematical)
    - WYSIWYG
    - macros
How important are the following database features to your work:
    - Query by example (QBE) grid for creating queries
    - data import macros
    - WYSIWYG
    - being able to write SQL queries easily
    - data export macros

Bob