Re: Mirror check script

On Saturday 03 October 2009 21:20:48 jon wrote:
> Quoted message:
>
> On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 07:11:38PM -0600, scream@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote
0.6K bytes in 33 lines about:
> : > Also, could you look into why my mirrors' status is "Unknown"?
> :
> : I will look into the status issue, I'll have an answer for you.
>
> The script tries to get the timestamp from
> "project/trace/www.torproject.org" on your mirror.  If it can't connect
> or doesn't get the file, it'll default to "Unknown".
>
> --
> Andrew Lewman
> The Tor Project
> pgp 0x31B0974B
>

> Those who are listed as status unknown, please do check to see if this
>  is accessible.  We are currently in the market for a better mirror
> checking script, if anyone here knows of one, please do contact me off
> list.

For Goodeid, "project/trace/www.torproject.org" is available and currently
contains "Fri Oct  2 01:52:23 UTC 2009".

There have been regular rsync updates to the mirror at 3 hour intervals and
all have been successful.

There is also a "tor.cypherpunks.at" file in that same directory
containing "Sun Oct  4 00:47:02 UTC 2009".

Chuck
--
Chuck Filson
PGP ID 0xA13AADAE