Re: [tor-relays] A call to arms for obfuscated bridges

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:23:06 +0000, Moritz Bartl wrote:
> On 19.04.2013 20:59, Andreas Krey wrote:
> > And a long download later I learned that the obfsproxy bundle
> > doesn't work on this old XP (just the obfsproxy plugin, actually,
> > the browser itself does).
>
> Oh? How come? Can you please file a ticket about it and provide details?

The log says (literally):

Apr 21 11:44:35.318 [Warning] Failed to create child process flashproxy-client: Diese Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden, weil die Anwenungskonfiguration nicht korrekt ist. Zur Problembehebung sollten Sie die Anwendung neu installieren.
Apr 21 11:44:35.318 [Warning] Managed proxy at 'flashproxy-client' failed at launch.
Apr 21 11:44:35.318 [Warning] Failed to create child process pyobfsproxy: Diese Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden, weil die Anwenungskonfiguration nicht korrekt ist. Zur Problembehebung sollten Sie die Anwendung neu installieren.
Apr 21 11:44:35.318 [Warning] Managed proxy at 'pyobfsproxy' failed at launch.

Depends.exe says it's a missing msvcr90.dll. Which is interesting as there
is a copy in the portable firefox, so the bundle doesn't expect it to be
present in the system. Also says 'Error: The Side-by-Side configuration
information for "c:\dokumente und einstellungen\ak\eigene dateien\tor
browser\app\PYOBFSPROXY.EXE" contains errors. '

When I copy the msvcr90.dll into the directory containing the pyobfsproxy
the missing dill is fixed, but depend.exe still complains about the borken
side-by-side configuration, and it still doesn't come up.

Packing for windows is hard. :-( I will file a bug if you don't deem
this to be a problem with XP being to ancient (service pack-wise).

Andreas

PS: The typo in the german error message ('Anwenungskonfiguration') is real.

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:29:21 -0800