[tor-relays] Help setting up an exit relay on CentOS linux

Hello all,

I've run an exit node from my home in the past using my consumer ISP service (Time Warner) and Windows 8, I'm pretty much of a Windows guy (I make my living building business applications with Microsoft tools) but now I have an opportunity to run an exit node on a hosted server running CentOS linux. I've loaded CentOS at home to test it out and the problem I'm having is that I can't get the Vidalia control to run. The browser bundle works OK - I can open FireFox and make a Tor connection. As far as I know I've downloaded the correct files for CentOS linux and I have the Vidalia start icon. However nothing happened when I try to open the Vidalia icon. Since I'm not familiar with linux, I don't know where to start looking. I had assumed that I would just open Vidalia and set up my exit relay the same way I did on Windows 8.

I greatly appreciate help with this especially from someone who's configured a relay on CentOS.

Thanks,

Chuck Bevitt