Re: [tor-relays] Two bridge relay questions

Tor-Node.net transcribed 1.5K bytes:
> Hi!
>
> I run an obfs4 bridge.
>
> 1) Why is the advertised bandwidth 56.72 KB/s when the relay is on a
> (shared) gigabit connection?
> According to my experiments it should be several MB/s.
>
> 2) Where can I submit my bridges to help people in Iran, China etc, besides
> the Tor BridgeDB?
>
> Kind regards
> Tor-node.net

Hey,

Thanks for running an obfs4 bridge!

To answer (1), we don't have any mechanism for measuring bridge bandwidth.  We
don't even yet have a design for this, as there are several unsolved problems
pertaining to running the bandwidth tests in a manner which does not
immediately signal to a censor that the server is a bridge relay, before the
bridge is even used by a client.  More research on idea methods for conducting
bridge bandwidth tests would be most welcome.

For (2), there isn't anywhere else, as far as I know.  If you have friends in
those places who use Tor, you could simply give the bridge line to them.  It
would be really neat if there were other BridgeDB-like things for distributing
censorship circumvention information (and not just for Tor bridges).

Best regards,
--
 ♥Ⓐ isis agora lovecruft