Re: [tor-relays] Out of memory: Kill process (tor)

> Last night I received my first abuse complaint on DigitalOcean.

Congratulations!

> When I logged in, I saw Tor was no longer running because the system ran out of
> memory.
>
> Is it possible the system ran out of memory because of the abuse?

No.

> My relay has 512MB of RAM running Tor and Unbound, and it's been running fine all
> month. How can I prevent this memory issue from happening in the future?

I think they make no default swap partition so you buy a higher tier
droplet ... but you can make a swapfile in under 1 minute:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-add-a-swap-file-howto/

worked like a charm on my two droplets.

> Thanks

You  are welcome.