Re: [tor-relays] Measuring the Accuracy of Tor Relays' Advertised Bandwidths

On 08.08.2019 14:15, Rob Jansen wrote:

To avoid over-estimating network capacity, we could use IP-based
heuristics to guess which relays share a machine (e.g., if they share
an IP address, or have a nearby IP address). In the long term, it
would be nice if Tor would collect and report some sort of machine ID
the same way it reports the platform.

On my servers every instance has its own IP. IPv4 are sometimes _very_ different.
Only the IPv6 addresses are similar. (With 2 or 3 at the end)

See
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#search/TorOrDie4privacyNET

--
Ciao Marco!