Re: [tor-relays] Making your relay submit hidden service statistics

George Kadianakis <desnacked@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello people,
>
> some days ago we sent a mail [1] asking for feedback on our patch
> that collects hidden service statistics from Tor relays.
>
> Specifically, we are trying to answer the questions: "Approximately
> how many hidden services are there?" and "Approximately how much
> traffic of the Tor network is going to hidden services?". For more
> information see my previous email and the relevant proposals.
>
> Our code [2] got merged in upstream Tor some days ago and now we are
> looking for more volunteers to enable it on their relays. We will
> collect these statistics during the next [days] weeks, and in a month
> we plan to publish a short report with our findings.

Hello,

we have now finished writing a tech report with the results of these
statistics. You can find it in PDF form here:
https://research.torproject.org/techreports/extrapolating-hidserv-stats-2015-01-31.pdf

We are currently working on a more casual-reader-friendly blog post,
which will contain additional information that the Tor community might
be interested in. You will find it in blog.torproject.org in two weeks
from now or so.