Re: [tor-relays] Shutdown of TorLand1

Thank you for your long service. You will not be forgotten.

/bow

niftybunny

On 15 Feb 2017, at 22:55, tor-admin@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi all,

after 5 years of operation I will shutdown TorLand1
(https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/E1E922A20AF608728824A620BADC6EFC8CB8C2B8)
on February 17 2017.

During the time of operation it pumped almost 6 PetaByte of exit traffic.
Compared to the amount of traffic, the number of complains were quite low.
Around 1-2 complains per week with a reduced exit policy. Two times I was
contacted by LE via email.

When I started the exit relay there were around 20-30 high capacity relays
available. Today compass shows 180 95+ MBit/s exits. TorLand1 was operated and
paid by me without an organization like torservers, nos onions, etc.

I hope others will step up and run high capacity exits. The Tor network needs
your help. I will continue to run a meek bridge.

Regards,

torland