Re: [tor-relays] Problems with domestic ISP blocking publicly listed relays

If possible I'd suggest changing the MAC address of your router or swapping router entirely, unless you are using on of their 'super' hubs with a combined modem/router. This will force a new IP address on Virgin Media.

On 28 Jan 2014 19:26, "renke brausse" <renke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Paul
> The first one has been Tor itself where I have noticed (using Arm to monitor) that it has been downloading far more data than uploading.
> A ratio of say 5:1 — it hasn’t always been this way!
[..]
> Access to lovefim.com this weekend has now resulted in no longer able to stream and watch films.
> I can log onto system but if I try and stream I get the error message “INVALID LOCATION.  Sorry, but the requested content is not available in your current location.”
> Opened a service desk ticket but the response was “you are trying to stream from outside the UK”
> WTF?????

Did you configure your browser to use your local Tor daemon as SOCKS
proxy? Would explain both the upload/download ratio (normal web browsing
is async) and a foreign (Tor exit) IP

Renke