Re: [tor-relays] Setting up a relay

On 2011-07-11 18:03, cmeclax-sazri wrote:
On Monday 11 July 2011 11:47:57 Softail wrote:
If you are behind a router that is doing NAT and you think that is the
problem, I can suggest two things to try to resolve that.

1) Connect the computer that is running Tor directly to the Internet.
See if it gets a publicly reachable address that way, i.e., not
192.168.xxx.yyy and see if it works that way. If it does then

2) Configure your router to tell it that the computer running Tor is the
DMZ.

If those work then the problem probably is NAT in the router. In either
case your computer running Tor is directly facing the internet so if you
want leave it as DMZ make sure it is well secured and firewalled.
I run Tor behind NAT and have no problem. I set up the router to forward Tor's
ports to the box running Tor. I don't have ReachableAddresses or
FascistFirewall set to anything.

cmeclax