Re: [tor-relays] Question about responding to abuse request

On 07/05/2015 07:21 PM, Patrick ZAJDA wrote:
> I know I can block this IP range by adding it to my exit policy, but I
> would like to know how others exit node operators manage these type of
> requests, because I ask myself if it is not against tor philosophy to
> block access to a specific network to Tor users.

If the provider specifically requests it, you can try to argue, but I
doubt it will get you anywhere. So far we have been able to avoid most
blocks by arguing that we only run a fraction of exits and attackers
will be routed around it without even noticing.

Alternatively, tell them you have blocked the destination range for 180
days (or something). Maybe this is already enough.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/