Re: [tor-relays] Boosting throughput with own DNS resolvers

Seth schreef op 20/07/15 om 15:27:
On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 13:52:32 -0700, Tom van der Woerdt <info@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
All my exits run with pdns-recursor installed, because I don't want to
be uploading people's DNS data to Google's search indexer :-)

How does pdns-recursor stack up against unbound chained with
dnscrypt-proxy?

I've been running the latter but this is the first I've heard of using
pdns on an exit node.

The pdns + Tor configuration tweaks were very helpful, thanks.

Well, there's a big difference between proxying DNS and running a recursor. With the proxy you're still trusting a third party with all your DNS data, with a recursor that's not the case.

Tom