From: "teor" <teor@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 6/2/2019 1:54:34 AM
Subject: Re: [tor-relays] Onionoo and ASN Number/AS Name

Hi,

On 2 Jun 2019, at 15:14, Conrad Rockenhaus <conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Onionoo returns “unknown” for my ASN for some reason (should return 63080) and returns “unknown” for AS Name (Should be GreyPony Consultants - as named in ARIN). I’m trying to find out where things might be potentially breaking here before I start connecting to the route servers at DE-CIX next week. Has anyone seen this type of issue before?

Onionoo uses MaxMind's AS database, which is slow to update:

If you use RIPE, you can see that the AS is present in IANA and WHOIS,
but not in MaxMind: