Re: [tor-relays] less than 3 bw auths available: self-measurement (with 10k cap in effect)

On 03/02/2018 01:17 PM, Roger Dingledine wrote:

> Turns out the issue was that the default bwauth backend (the server that
> serves the bandwidth files) went offline during our efforts to shuffle
> things around so www.torproject.org could survive this week's 15-20gbps
> ddos attack on our website.
>
> Faravahar and moria1 were still using the default bwauth backend, but
> we've moved to a different one and things are looking fine again.
>
> Never a dull moment,
> --Roger

Thanks for all of your hard work; Tor has good back office. I've been
off-line for a while myself because I've been trying to upgrade
equipment (& Tor itself -Error 2...?!?), and I'd rather not run relays
unless I'm running them according to Hoyle, i.e. up-to-date and secure.