Re: [tor-relays] Blutmagie retired

Am 14.11.2018 um 15:20 schrieb Zack Weinberg:

Please don't. Ad services are far too often used to distribute
malware.  Some kind of community-funding jar would be much safer.
(Patreon, ko.fi, etc).

https://torstatus.blutmagie.de is resurrected :-) Today I spend the amount of 17 USD for a new ssl certificate. Next step is to negotiate more ram with my Russian provider. 2 GB working set became too small for the mysql db and about 30-50 concurrent Apache processes.

regarding ads:

I would have to pay income tax for revenues generated with ad services. No kidding! German tax offices are Legion. They do not forgive. They do not forget.

By the way, what is wrong with https://torstatus.rueckgr.at? Basically this site provides the same information as blutmagie.

Olaf