Re: [tor-relays] NSA's "Tor Stinks"

On Tue, 2013-10-08 at 23:40 -0400, krishna e bera wrote:
> On 13-10-08 03:23 PM, Jesse Victors wrote:
> > obviously has implications into other Tor users, the vast majority of
> > whom use Tor for legal and proper activities.

> Could you give some evidence for what "vast majority" means in terms of
> percentages?  How are you getting such data?

I think that we first need a clear definition what "legal" means or what
"proper activities" are. The core problem is, that the definition of
these terms can differ a lot (e.g. from country to country but even from
person to person inside a country. At least the interior minister of
germany seems to have some strange ideas :) ).

And I just read a news article of a german publisher (Heise) about NSA
and what they do and I understood it that NSA is claiming to just check
on non US citizens or illegal things. The "owner" of the data that is
sent between 2 tor nodes cannot be identified so when the NSA attacks
any tor traffic there must be some kind of understanding, that using the
tor network already is something illegal in the minds of these people.

At least that was, what I understood when I was reading this article.

With kind regards,

Konrad