Re: [tor-relays] serious gap in 'chroot' documentation

On Fri, 2013-10-18 at 08:29 -0400, krishna e bera wrote:

> Problem: does "chroot" mean anything in a Windows environment?

There is no real chroot solution on windows that I know of. What exist
is an application virtualisation (which of course has other targets) but
I would say that it also includes something like a chroot.

But that is nothing that is handled by a manufacturer - it is something
that is only used in companies right now and the main target is the
streaming of applications to target systems (At least that is what we
use it for).

The important fact inside: The software does not need to do anything.
The person who builds the "package" decides about the details e.g. what
is the application allowed to access.

This is my personal view on windows - be aware that I might have missed
something.

With kind regards,

Konrad

--