Re: [tor-relays] SSH brute force attempts to connect to my Middle Relay IP address

Hi,

could it help to use iptables to limit to 3 attempts per minute, or to use Fail2ban?

Regards

Tom

On 10/04/2017 01:07 PM, Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen wrote:
On 4 October 2017 at 08:41, Fr33d0m4all <fr33d0m4all@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I know, I know about how internet works :) I’ve just simply noted a large increase in SSH brute force attempts in the last two weeks. BTW I don’t have root login enabled and I have two factor authentication on my SSH port (not standard),

I also gets a lot of ssh bruce force attempts but then I drink some hot chokolade and all
my worries goes away :-)
However I am running on ssh on port 22 so I do expect a lot of bruce force attempts.

I do find it a bit strange if you are running ssh on another port and still gets
many bruce force attempts.

Just curious: how many bruce force attempts per day approx? a few thousands?

Regards
Martin