Re: [tor-relays] freebsd relay doesnt receive any traffic (after 1 month)

On 10/25/18 13:05, dlugasny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> few weeks ago ( more than 4) I have installed Freebsd with Tor relay
> service.
> System is connected to Tor network since more than one month but I see
> only 1-2 connections per day.
> I had Tor relay service on my Debian server for many years and I havent
> got any problems. With Freebsd its pain, nothing is working as expected.
> Any how I would like to build more BSD instances in few different
> countries, but first I need to know why its not working.
>
> Does any one could help me to do some troubleshooting ?
> Maybe some of the parameters in the torrc are blocking traffic ?
>
> My torrc without Hashedpassword, Nickname:
> ###########################
> SocksPort 0
> Log notice file /var/log/tor/notices.log
> ControlPort 9051
> ORPort 9001
> RelayBandwidthRate 400 KBytes  # Throttle traffic to 100KB/s (800Kbps)
> RelayBandwidthBurst 600 KBytes # But allow bursts up to 200KB (1600Kb)
> ContactInfo Dlugas-ny <dlugasny AT protonmail dot com>
> DirPort 9030 # what port to advertise for directory connections
> ExitPolicy reject *:* # no exits allowed
> PublishServerDescriptor 0
> CellStatistics 1
> ExtraInfoStatistics 1
> ConnDirectionStatistics 1
> EntryStatistics 1
> LogMessageDomains 1
> AvoidDiskWrites 1
> WarnPlaintextPorts
> HeartbeatPeriod 1hours
> ServerTransportPlugin obfs2,obfs3 exec /usr/local/bin/obfsproxy managed
> ServerTransportPlugin obfs4 exec /usr/local/bin/obfsproxy managed
> ExtORPort auto
> ############################
>

> Thanks in advance for any support

This is a very confused torrc. What are you trying to accomplish with it?

There's lines indicating you want to run a bridge
(ServerTransportPlugin, ExtORPort)

There's a line indicating you don't want your bridge to be one
distrubted via BridgeDB (PublishServerDescriptor 0), yet you wonder why
no one is using your bride/relay.

Please read

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide

And don't set any options that it doesn't tell you to set. And don't set
options you don't understand. `man tor` can help you understand what
you're setting

Matt