Re: init.d script for multi instance TOR servers

On 09/07/2010 10:40 AM, Mike Perry wrote:
What would be useful is if you could give us a byte breakdown of how
much traffic you transfer per day, per tcp port, to the nearest large
unit. Or per week, if the numbers for some ports end up being too
small to round, and may compromise anonymity.

I am not sure how to do this, or I would do it myself on my nodes,
too. I imagine some iptables marking magic could get us this data.

Anyone with some iptables or mrtg foo who can help us gather this
data?  We do not want to do anything that requires pcap or tcpdump
recording.

If you want to know the bytes transferred on a certain source-port in outbound (not per connection), you can create a rule in OUTPUT matching that port.

To avoid having to test against 65535 rules (linear search worst case) you could do a binary sort using port ranges. With binary sort you need to test against 17 rules in the worst case.

If this is what you want I could create such a ruleset next week.