Re: init.d script for multi instance TOR servers

Thus spake Olaf Selke (olaf.selke@xxxxxxxxxxxx):

> On 06.09.2010 19:25, Moritz Bartl wrote:
> >
> > On 06.09.2010 18:07, Olaf Selke wrote:
> >> depending on your tcp timeout parameters you need a lot of local ports.
> >> Did you verify the number of Tor tcp sessions isn't limited by
> >> net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> I'm clueless. Do you want me to shut down all four blutmagie exits for a
> couple of days and wait if other exits get more traffic?

No, this is not helpful. You'll just lose your guard status, which
will confuse things even more.

What would be useful is if you could give us a byte breakdown of how
much traffic you transfer per day, per tcp port, to the nearest large
unit. Or per week, if the numbers for some ports end up being too
small to round, and may compromise anonymity.

I am not sure how to do this, or I would do it myself on my nodes,
too. I imagine some iptables marking magic could get us this data.

Anyone with some iptables or mrtg foo who can help us gather this
data?  We do not want to do anything that requires pcap or tcpdump
recording.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist