Re: [tor-relays] Reimbursement of Exit Operators

On 09/18/2013 07:31 AM, Tom Ritter wrote:

On Sep 18, 2013 7:11 AM, <tor@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wonder if I am the only one who finds this creepy.......

Nope, I don't think so. Perhaps it's the timing. In this post-Snowden period most everything is a little bit creepy. There's plenty of FUD to go around. A position paper from Torproject on this and other recent issues would be handy about now.
I'm an independent exit pushing about 2GB/day so I don't see a compensation opportunity. Anyway, I don't want to give up my amateur status. :) Still, for big guys who do have financial considerations and are probably better positioned to handle risk this could make sense.
I'm sure Torproject would love to have a few thousand more folks like me, but that's a marketing issue that probably spins around getting Tor greater visibility in the mainstream net.

Rick