Re: [tor-relays] #torstrike

On 8/31/16, Kenneth Freeman <kencf0618@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As for the burgeoning of anonymity networks other than Tor, it'll be
> interesting to see what level of interest law enforcement organs take in
> them, if any.

We know certain elements and entities are not at all fond
of encryped anonymous overlay networks as a technology.

That's different from any interest they take in the *users*
of such networks and their activities.

And different from any level of technical protection those
*networks* may provide to the users against their adversaries.

Any decently strong overlay network against some threat
model is going to have the above three similar to any other
network.

> To me it seems to be a bit late in the day for a Cambrian
> Explosion -let a thousand anonymity networks bloom and see where it gets
> you.

I wouldn't say that. So long as any particular network is
incapable or insufficient at resisting certain adversaries...
or any of its models on the people or other sides of things
are non ideal, or it just doesn't do what its users need it to
do, there's in fact every expectation that other networks
should and will bloom up. 1000? No of course not. Yet a
handful of similar nets based on some feature chart... sure.