Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. September 2016 um 15:24 Uhr
Von: jensm1 <jensm1@xxxxxxx>
An: tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [tor-relays] Hide TOR exit on my external IP?

Hi Volker,

it's generally advised to not run an exit from your home, since this leads to the problems you described as well as it can cause (uninformed) law enforcement to seize all computer equipment in your home, if your exit is involved in some crime. Therefore it's better to run an exit on a server in a datacenter and downgrade your home connection to a non-exit relay.

As to your subject: No, it's not possible to hide the fact that a Tor exit is on that specific IP, since at least the Tor-facing IP must be made public in the consensus, so clients can actually connect to your exit.

You could probably use different IPs for connecting with relays and exiting traffic to the internet, but then you'd need a machine with two network interfaces that have different public IPs, and you will also not be able to "prove" that an exit is/was running on the IP that generates abuse complaints and similar trouble.