(FWD) Re: SF vs. Seul (was:CVS and other hosting issues)

(Sorry about this; I blocked traffic from people not subscribed, since
we were having a bout of list-spamming.  I've removed that restriction
again now.)

To respond to Ronen's points: cvs may not be necessary, but it's nice
for a number of reasons:

* Revision control is good for programmers. It keeps things more
organized for people watching code development, and it's also useful
even if there are only two developers, for coordination.
* With cvs and pserver, you can let outside people download the absolute
latest code. This is more useful if there are other people who can
program and who are interested in helping to debug things.. but in
general it means you don't need to release every day just to let people
test the latest code.

Currently our pserver repository has (under games) asc, dragonspeace,
kangband, and tpm. We could easily add xarchon. In fact, I'll cc this
to our cvs guy, and he'll add the xarchon directory and set things up.
(Ales: you can find the latest tgz in /home/ftp/pub/xarchon on cran.)
Send him mail at ahvezda@seul.org if you want to have commit-access to
the repository.

Thanks,
--Roger