Re: XARCHON Data files

Hello Folks,

Dan hursh wrote:

> Eventually, I would lean toward
> allowing (but certainly now requiring) a theme to be packaged and used
> >from a zip file.  (Tar is good too, but everybody uses zip for this sort
> of thing.  Why?)
>  A zip file shouldn't be
> that big of a barrier for anyone capable of creating digital art.

I agree with that. Of course is a zip or tgz or bz2 file fully acceptable. I was
concerned about
the "file structure inside".

There was another answer from Ronen about the symlinks vs. config files.
Well - if the game guarantees not to be faster than 40 frames per second - fine.
So I could use symbolic links. this would be a bit more work for me, but o.k.
On the other hand I can't help but I like the configuration file idea more.
As far as I know zip is not capable of storing symbolic links - or is it?
I think we should come to a decision on that point in the near future.
What do the programmers think?

Regards
Joerg Osarek