Re: Version 0.55 released

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 12:38:40PM -0400, capmikee@home.martnet.com was heard to say:
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 11:23:52PM -0400, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 11:05:25PM -0400, capmikee@home.martnet.com was heard to say:
> > > So version 0.55 is a development release
>
> >   Would I correct, then, in assuming that you won't want this rolled
> > into the Debian package and released with woody?
>
> That's a fair assumption. I'd be embarrassed to have random Debian users
> crashing XArchon because they wanted to see what a menu item does.
>
> I don't know much about Debian. When and how often is woody released?

  Woody is the currently-in-development release.  The official
word is that it will be released "when it's ready".  It will be released
only once, at which point development will start on the next release.

  The release manager originally said that he thought an optimistic
projection for woody's release was "before the end of the year", but it
doesn't look like that will happen just now, as we're still thrashing
out bugs in the new release system :(

  Daniel

--
/-------------------- Daniel Burrows <dburrows@brown.edu> --------------------\
|               I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.                |