[bos-dev] [bug #37854] Objectives screen broken: missing text and freeze (bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got string))

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #37854 (project stratagus-bos):

I realized that at least part of this bug is incomplete. I can play any level
when starting it as the first game in my Bos Wars playsession.

However, if I start "conquest" and quit it using F10/E/Q/Q and then start
"swindler, the game will freeze.

campaigns/conquest/campaign.lua:53: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table
expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
  [C]: in function 'ipairs'
  campaigns/conquest/campaign.lua:53: in function 'ConquestBriefingMenu'
  campaigns/conquest/campaign.lua:102: in function '?'
  scripts/menus/campaigns.lua:123: in function 'RunCampaign'
  scripts/menus/campaigns.lua:150: in function
<scripts/menus/campaigns.lua:147>
  [C]: in function 'run'
  scripts/menus/campaigns.lua:158: in function
<scripts/menus/campaigns.lua:137>
  [C]: in function 'run'
  scripts/guichan.lua:864: in function 'RunMainMenu'
  scripts/guichan.lua:877: in main chunk

My theory is that the "objectives" variable type gets set by the first mission
that is started and does not get reset later and that these two missions have
different types for the objectives (string and list).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?37854>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/