Re: [bos-dev] translation?

Francois Beerten wrote:
The project is still alive, although it evolves slowly now due to lack of time. I hope it will speed up again.

Good to hear... I saw that there was not much activity on the mailing list recently and already feared that this project had died...

New translations for Bos Wars are always welcome and are usually integrated in the project quickly. Which languages do you consider to work on ? We also have some translations that need to be checked and updated. Maintaining translations might interest you too.

Actually, I am teaching interpreting and sometimes translation here in Taiwan, and right now I finally got an opportunity to do l10n in a course. I would like to give my students some "real" homeworks, so I am looking for suitable projects - and BOS wars is one of them.

Our target is zh_TW then, though I personally might be able to look at German and perhaps Japanese, if required. We already started, actually, since it seems that we can directly put our translations into place ourselves. But being able to send them upstream is much better of course.

If you want to talk more about this, you can join us in the #bos IRC channel or continue here on the mailing list. The IRC channel is the main place where we talk. I'm there usually around 8PM (GMT).

Hmm, I'm not sure if I will be able to show up there often. I live in GMT+8 and have a rather busy daily schedule now. At 2000 GMT I am usually listening to my bed...

Regards,

Olaf