Re: [bos-dev] implement new language?

Translation files must be saved in UTF-8.  Our font image does not include Chinese characters so you'll also need to generate a new image.

From: Olaf <dl7und@xxxxxxxxx>
To: bos-dev@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 8:44:10 PM
Subject: [bos-dev] implement new language?

Hi,

Unfortunately I can not help with coding (though I asked at our school's 3D&Game department whether someone would be interested in helping with graphics - but so far there is no response), but my students did a few translations into zh-TW (Traditional Chinese).

Unfortunately, we have so far not been successful in getting these files used by the game. The most we achieved was that all text outputs were empty. Cheating (by replacing an existing file with our translation) didn't work either.

Is there anything else necessary to get a language recognised by the game - and can we do it ourselves or do we need to send the translations in for it?

Regards,

Olaf