Some tasks to do / questions

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone on the list would be interested in
collectiong / assessing resources that may be useful for us
to use - looking through LDP and at tutorials, guides, etc.
I am thinking along the lines of specific resources - like
how tos for lynx, pine / mutt, vi, pico, IRCii, Bitchx -
other pertinent docos. We may be able to use many of these
documents for training purposes / resource packs. I know the
LDP material is reproducable - but some things may require
permission from authors. I'd expect the task involves
collecting urls of information, collating and assessing them
- to be put on a web page that all CB's could refer to.

CB Vic is about to embark on a pilot program (we have 12
applicants already!)- these materials are essential to that
process. The training manual that David is working on is a
fine start - I'd encourage people to assist there also.

Another task is to source the cheapest internet access
options for our recipients in Melbourne / also in rural
Victoria. We need to be identifying ISPs that provide shell
access only, email only and full access at the most
reasonable prices. Is anybody interested in doing this? So
far feasible options include: Alphalink shell access, and
APANA full access. What other ISPS have cheap reasonable
accounts?

Additionally - if you are in Melbourne and can spare a few
hours next week (Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sun) - I'd like to get
down to Footscray to sort out and catalogue some of the
equipment already obtained. Please let me know which days
and times suit best.

Another qn - is the LUV installfest on a Saturday or Sunday?
- I am wondering if people would be interested in attending
another install / working session next weeked - and I dont
want to schedule it for the same day.

Is anybody thinking of going to the LUV Installfest? - it
would be good to go and talk to people about Computerbank -
a suggestion was made that we send some reps along. Anyone
interested?

Cheers,

Kylie