From: Matthew Moyle-Croft [mailto:mmc@mmc.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 1 May 2002 11:30 AM
To: Michael T. Cheshire
Cc: Romana Challans; Computerbank Australia Inc; LinuxSA
Subject: RE: Preinstalled Windows: AARGH! I can't get it off!

Hmm,
Does kind of beg the question:

What exactly defines the "hardware" as THE hardware?

The CPU?
The Harddisk?
The motherboard?
The case?

Does this mean if I upgrade the CPU I'm no longer licensed?  If I use the
CPU in another machine is it licensed or not?

What if I change the MB or Harddisk?  Heck, what if I change the case that
the little evil "windows license tag" is attached to?

What if in fact I install a second harddrive and put linux on that?

What if I attach a case badge that says "Linux Inside"?  The hardware
changes, is that an issue????

If I buy a computer without a license (a Naked PC Rated R) and then glue the
P133 from a machine that was licensed for Windows onto the top of the case,
is it licensed?  Or is it now just a hedgehog?

Personally, I think Microsoft owe me.  I had countless days of my life
wasted by their crap (not as many days as some poor people, but enough
all the same).

MMC

--
Matthew