Re: [Computerbank] Re: [cai-sa] Teen Challenge -Network

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 06:58:51PM +0930, Romana Challans scrawled:
> kword is regrettably crappy still, for our users, we just do abiword,
> and oo when really warranted. koffice is potentially nice, but we have
> had too many instances of kword being such a pita, users cant rely on
> it. and thats teh improved jaymz version!

How is KWord worse than AbiWord?

AbiWord and OOo are both, in my ever so humble opinion, unmitigated
pieces of shit.

AbiWord has only gotten table support very recently, and handles every
file format quite badly, including its own. Formatting with it is
extremely inconsistent, and it's impossible to get anything to render
properly.

OOo took 15min to load its base word processor on my P233MMX laptop, and
was extremely sluggish when it finally loaded (it was lagging a full
paragraph behind at some stage), and this was with nothing else but twm
loaded.

Also, we haven't heard any specific bug reports on KWord yet - we've
only had two from Victoria. Only one of these was reproducible, and
we've narrowed that down to a fault in the actual system, not in KWord.

In short, if we don't hear anything, we can't fix it.

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>
Developer - http://kopete.kde.org, http://www.kde.org