[Computerbank] Software Issues - was TCN

Hello Jaymz and others,
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 19:30, you wrote:

Do not accuse me of making an arbitary decision without consulting anyone,
because I did not do that,  and I really don't like having those
accusations thrown around.  KDE2 was discussed for 6 months before it
happened.

I was not pointing any fingers at you. It's just the general approach to tech coordination that I am referring to. Where are the archives of these open forum discussions??? The thing is they never made it out to everyone - only a few select people decided... you know recipients were not even consulted... that was something I was asking for at the time... even from the few we did get re feedback from re gnome vs KDE - people said that KDE was slower than GNOME. (but that is beside the point re KDE vs GNOME - the point is that they were not consulted)

KDE3 was discussed for a similar period of time, however I was rushed into
the actual implentation by people because of kword issues, and so it didn't
get the testing that it needed.  That's my fault, but you knw what, I don't
like it, but franky, not one other person contributed to that migration at
the time, despite my pleas, and everyone wanted me to do the job, so I did
what I was told.

What's more, I've been activly sociting discussion on what to do about it,
including but not limited to discussion about alternatives to the kde
desktop stuff. The statement that I'm just dictating is completly
inaccurate.

No one ever mentioned anything about you dictating... it is a problem with the whole technical group @ Vic (software dev wise) - a problem re lack of communication...Do you think notes on boards really help here?? Why haven't the mailing lists been used? And the technical meetings that were once held are all a thing of the past now. We don't even have much technical reporting at Vic meetings.
I see that you have joined up to take part in this discussion... great stuff - maybe we can get some good feedback and discussion now. :)
I have now changed the topic of this thread... it has far digressed from the Teen Challenge Network topic...
Cheers,

Kylie

--

Kylie Davies
Victorian Branch Co-ordinator

This email and any attachments may be confidential and the subject of legal professional privilege. Any disclosure,
use, storage or copying of this email without the consent of the sender is strictly prohibited.

Please notify the sender immediately if you are not the intended Recipient and then delete the email from your inbox and do not disclose the contents to another
person, use, copy or store the information in any medium. ******************************************************************