Re: [Computerbank] recent emails

Heya,

> > 8-) - and we get to decide - if it "just happens", it's because we
> > decided to let it.
>
> That we do. But others also get to decide whether they want to be on
> the bridge before it collapses...

I was kind of thinking of the "others" as part of "we". (maybe I'm
reading you wrong here...?)

> > What would we need to do to make it better? (and should this thread
> > move to cai-vic?)
>
> In times like this a complete change of committee and faces can
> occur, but there are too many entrenched positions to do that.

That sounds like the divorce. That's not necessarily a Bad Thing, any
more than staying together (working for betterment or otherwise) is a
Good Thing by definition. I guess I'd like to see whether there's a
consensus...

Opinion statement warning - this is just my POV:

I guess I should at this point say I'd love to see the
stay-together-working-for-betterment road work, even though I realise
that's my idealism speaking - forgivenness and so on are very healing
things, and I wonder if divorce mightn't preclude healing. For me, the
people - we people - are the important items here: volunteers, WFDers,
recips, all people, many miserable, needing healing of some kind. If we
could achieve it together, it wouldn't just be "good for the
organisation"; it might be good for each of us...

That's only one viewpoint from a whole raft of possible viewpoints. I'd
be glad to know what the others are. My own feelings aren't as
lacerated as many people's, because I've kept me distance for quite a
while; that's helped.

The people who seem to be at the centre of the maelstrom are *all*
(without *any* exceptions) in my view hugely talented, valuable, great
people. It would just be great if they could feel talented, valuable
and treasured in this company, differences notwithstanding!

Cheers,

--
Trish Fraser, Sunbury, Australia
trish@thefrasers.org