Re: Some quick questions

Hi Tony,
Congrats to the queenslanders....

>> What is the status of your organisation as a
>> charity/non-profit ?

The ATO has excellent information in these issues at:
http://www.ato.gov.au/content.asp?doc=/content/tax_reform/nat2442.htm

Donations of equipment and 'in-kind' support get tricky under tax law you
need to fully explore this.  A number of years ago I fitted out a youth
centre for  homeless kids...  all with donated building materials companies
supporting ust then could not claim tax...  not sure now...

>but we haven't been able to arrange a freebie with an ISP yet. Good
>luck with the Qld ISPs; you may have better luck.

I would talk to global links at Ipswich public library? may or may not be a
lead but they are into support community initiatives...

Ken Young
-
ComputerBank Australia -- http://www.computerbank.org.au/