Re: [Computerbank] Linux distribution standardisation

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julien Goodwin" <jgoodwin@chriskaine.com.au>
To: <computerbank@lists.linux.org.au>
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2001 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Computerbank] Linux distribution standardisation

> > Using RH and being tightly linked to using RH specific packages is no
worse
> > than using Debian and being tightly linked into using debian specific
packages.
> > Given that RH has a larger install base and that most software is
> > packages as rpms, using RH could be an advantage for our clients. It
would be
> > rare to have the reverse situation where a software download is
available as
> > a debian package but not as rpm. Yes I am aware that there are tools to
convert rpms to debs.
> -- Exactly, however this seems like your talking about SELLING systems.

Yes there are some similarities with a sales pitch. Bear in mind that this
is in the context of a discussion of choosing one distro over another, so
you would expect people ot argue the pros and cons of one system vs another.
A sales pitch is to be expected.

Tony Joblin,
Convenor - Computerbank Queensland
A Branch of Computerbank Australia Inc.