[Computerbank] Re: computerbank digest, Vol 1 #113 - 12 msgs

>    2. Re: Re: Snug TAS Computerbank link (Bruce McCubbery)
>Message: 2
>Date:	Sun, 09 Dec 2001 17:00:54 +1100
>To:	computerbank@lists.linux.org.au
>From:	Bruce McCubbery <brucemcc@melbpc.org.au>
>Subject: Re: [Computerbank] Re: Snug TAS Computerbank link
>
>And back again on this one, too..
>
>Among the good ones to go back to is
>http://www.seul.org/archives/computerbank/Sep-2001/msg00077.html --
>care to catch us up on the latest on this for all of us, Rob, while
>the powers that be decide if Snug can be the interim (or forever) HQ
>for Tasmania?
>
>That's if you and your Snug people like the idea of being HQ for all
>of Tassie, Rob.
>
>Bruce (in Melbourne)
>
>At 10:43 9/12/01 +1100, Bruce McCubbery wrote:
>>We do intend to have a branch in Hobart one day, don't we? While we
>>wait for that chance to come up, wouldn't it be helpful for us  to
>>get an on-the-ground presence in Snug, very nearby?

A confession and an apology ....

I've been following most of the discussion ... the technical stuff is
way beyond me ... and other activities (and geriatrica) prevent me
from getting into that phase of CB.

The Snug project is still "in the wind" but needs much more work. I'm
reluctant to go on without the technical support the project
obviously needs. So far have had little success finding anyone to
take on that part of the project.

I thoroughly concur with Kylie's observations [Sun, 09 Dec 2001
19:48:54 +1100] requiring thorough accountability, etc. procedures
before getting into establishing new branches. From my perspective,
even before we think of establishing a mechanism to get the hardware
etc, we need local technical support.

For small community's that is a real problem, and needs to be dealt with first.

Rob