[Computerbank] crossing or crosspollinating 225bank (or Comp225q?)

Hi all,

For a bit, please excuse some crossposting to both the 225q and
Computerbank lists -- just while we get the bonding between the two
established?

Those outside Melbourne can follow along on the 225q list and/or its
website  http://225q.shallow.net/ which has a chat feature and could
develop a Virtual 225 if there is enough interest and participants. It is
thus not exclusively an inner Melbourne thing -- physically yes, but
there's so much more that is possible..

One of the current crossovers is joint interest in and commitment to Linux
but to get the best out of the interconnection and likely synergies we need
some more from each list posting onto the *other* list, whichever they come
from originally.

To kick things off, here are six suggestions which will need only
individual decisions by 225ers but for Computerbankers some of these and
later ones you raise will need to be 'officially' decided:

1. A joint party held @ 225 ... soon.  (seeing 1.1.02 now seems a bit too
soon)
2. An exchange of website links. (with attached appreciative comments?)
3. Proactive bleeding together of members between the lists.
4. Adoption of 225 by VIC Computerbankers as being their party and
relaxation place.
5. A vigorous exchange of expertise.
6. Banners inside each building promoting the link to the other group.

If you were able to unthread Sam's recent reposting of a discussion we'd
been having, the idea is to have Computerbank (MELB) interacting and
intertwining with 225q (aka. Sam's Hideaway) in Queensberry St, Carlton.
Melway 2B D 10 (Cnr Lansdowne Pl.) Drop in anytime.

Under "[Computerbank] Re: [NOT REALLY 225q] Re: graphics for 225q" Sam
reposted what he, Bruce and Allan had been discussing privately (no
worries!) [edited here]:

> [Bruce] ... is signwriting really your thing? I'm one
> for people only doing what they love doing in a combined effort, fun
> involvement, like 225. Doesn't come naturally or it's a chore? Forget it.
> No other way it'll work. Gotta involve just love (of all sorts) and play of
> all sorts, in the mind of the one concerned in whatever. You guys get my
> drift........?
> One thing with the needed signwriting and banners ... I'm talking
> tradesmanlike (professional, if you like) ... but with the
> quirkiness/alternative/different/new 225 spirit/feel to it. Translation: a
> signwriter who has done it for a living working with one or two who have
> the 225 feel. Just the right combo.. > Bruce
> >> [Earlier: Bruce:]
> >> But, on another but related graphics matter, who knows a signwriter?
> >> The sign in the window is not big enough to be read by the passing
> >> traffic and we need a sign inside Computerbank reminding them about us
> >> ... and a sign inside 225 reminding visitors here about Computerbank
> >> at 92 Rosslyn St, West Melbourne.
> >
> >[Sam] Allan did the sign for 225q (well, just added a "q" and border). I
> >think Allan is still looking for work - how do you feel about going
> >professional, Allan?  :)
[Bruce]