Re: [Computerbank] Debian PGI Installer

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 05:12:57PM +1030, David Lloyd scrawled:
> > It's quite easy to
> > email Jaymz or cbtechnical with a bug report/feature request about
> > Desktop Penguin, and the fact you haven't done so indicates a bias
> > towards NIH that means it's probably not very well thought-out.
>
> Well, how about a graphical installer? Something that a person who could
> install Windows 98 could use? The click and point stuff.
>
> I forgot...
>
> You've already disregarded that idea.

We need technically-experienced people, because we have old and weird
hardware that people throw away because it's old, and too much of a pain
in the arse to get to work. If you want to adapt your PGI to the old
hardware that is so common, feel free. Desktop Penguin has detection
routines for almost all of the hardware that comes through Computerbank.

Oh, and did I mention that having a little triangular pointer on the
screen doesn't necessarily make anything easier?

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne

PGP signature