[Computerbank] That niggling AGM question

Hi folks,

Could any of the Committee members point me at the minutes of the AGM on the
website? I can't find anything later than October 2002.

I've also been waiting patiently to see whether any of the recently elected
Committee members (I don't mean State Co-ordinators, I mean elected
office-bearers - President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer, Ordinary Members...)
would come back to the membership with some answers to the questions that
were raised after the AGM, about its conduct and the possibility of
irregularities.

I'm thinking in particular of the way the meeting was halted, so that a
membership could be approved by only the State Co-ordinators after the
elected positions had been declared vacant, in order to break a voting
deadlock. I'd like to hear from the Committee about the legality and/or
constitutionality of that process - and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's
worried by it.

Less urgent, but equally important questions about the inaccessibility of the
Committee, and the organisation generally, to members who can't or don't
attend at Rosslyn Street, also haven't been addressed very well, if at all -
I'd like to hear the Committee's stand on policy with regard to this.

I should mention for those who don't know my name that I'm a founding member,
was founding Secretary, and had my name on the Rosslyn Street lease until
very recently; I've participated quite a lot, and I'm financial, *and* I
attended the AGM. I don't just have a right to know: I have a legal
obligation as a member to make sure the organisation is legal, and abides by
its own constitution; and I have a moral obligation to the beneficiaries as
well as to other members and volunteers to help the organisation remain open,
inclusive and doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Any takers?

--
Trish Fraser, Sunbury, Australia
trish@thefrasers.org