Re: [Computerbank] new to Debian

Dear David

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, David Lloyd wrote:

> Barrinton,
>
> > Any way I got a copy of demolinx 2.0 based on patato out of linux
> > format mag.  it works well.  I'm having a few configuration gaps while
> > using it Where could I ask for assistance?  Thanks in advance.
>
> I'd suggest asking one of your local user groups, although I'm not sure
> whether there is one in Tasmania still [they've gone quiet]. Try:

The server that this account that I'm writing to you from is in melbourne
as am I.  The server taz.net.au is to the best of my knowledge run by
Craig S.  whom I believe to be well known in the debian community, esp. in
VIC.  I'm looking for victorian resources due to proximity.  I went to one
linux group many years ago where regulation microsoft cliches were banded
about as a form of bonding.  Also some one was talking about a 64 bit CPU
I think.  I would like to do volunteer work for computerbank, the latest
impediment to which is that my mother broke her hip on her birthday,
presantly she is at a rehabilitation hospital for the next couple of
weeks.  So it's time to party!  wishful thinking on my part.  I'm using
slakware source so far so good, not very far yet

Thanks for the effort

BVS