Re: [plug] Re: Computer Bank - please dont give them away.

>> I would caution you all against trying to provide computer training.
>> You will find that people simply devour your time without learning a
>> damn thing.

Totally agree with Chris here. However, in doing work with TAD,
and I suspect with other charities dealing with disabled people
there biggest need is :

a> Train the trainer.
b> Training bed bound or home bound individuals.
c> Training the volunteers that put the systems together
     is they come from non-computing backgrounds, like
     unemployed youth.
d> Training a first and second level support team, not just on
     the OS but on applications we make available as supported
     "best efforts" basis.

Just my 2c worth, to end another hot day.

Cheers Grahame