Re: Random thoughts - A spanner in the works

Nathan Dietsch (ndietsch@mse.com.au) wrote...
> With X machines, the command line causes problems, starting an xterm
> just to start netscape is a pain, we need something like the run box
> in doze, I know of a few project to implement it.

Why on earth would anybody start an xterm just to start netscape?

That's what window managers are for - providing menus and things.  If
familiarity is what we want, there's even a WM to look like Win95.

bekj

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Queer-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au   http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/