From: "Patrick Maslen" <quest_bird@yahoo.com>
To: "Computerbank" <computerbank@lists.linux.org.au>
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 1:27 PM
Subject: [Computerbank] Automatic Installation, anyone?

> Hi all,
>
> There are a few packages out there which will perform an automatic install
of Debian GNU/Linux. In particular there is a package called fai (fully
automated installation). It is useful any time there are multiple machines
to install with Linux in a similar configuration - it sounds very useful for
Computerbank, as it would save on time and mistakes during installs. It
seems appropriate because computerbank has a definite process which it
follows to install Debian on its machines. Fai automates that process.

> If anyone is interested in this idea, I would be happy to research it
further, to find out how and if this application can specifically benefit
computerbank.