Re: Proposals and information

>> Another fruitful place to try might be schools. I'm installing a Linux web
>proxy in a public school next week.
>
>How did you go about convincing the Principal that this would be a good
>thing? Are they keen on students actually using learning GNU/linux?

I didn't try to sell GNU/Linux. What they want is a Web proxy. They
have no money for a commercial solution so they approached a parent who
is a friend of mine. It took them months to decide to take the plunge,
and I had to assure them that they would be no worse off if Linux didn't
suit their needs, we could just undo the install. They are still using
Windows desktops. So it's not going to be a Mexican coup, but it's a
foot in the door.

	Ken