RE: [Computerbank] An open letter to CAI (no, its nice, really! ;) )

Hi all,

I am reluctant to post on recent topics being as I am an inactive
Computerbank member (albeit financial and seeking to contribute once all
these interpersonal issues are finally resolved), and who also did not cast
a vote at the recent AGM - I felt there would probably be some criticism of
anyone offering commentary yet who failed to show enough faith and
commitment to bother casting a vote... However Romana's comments and obvious
desire to see CB move forward do inspire confidence, so I would like to
offer the following as a hopefully constructive suggestion:

The reason I (and perhaps others) did not cast a vote is simple... I had no
idea of the background, skills or qualifications of candidates for any of
the organisational positions. Whilst I have met a few of you personally (and
greatly enjoyed the company!) there are other candidates whom I have not
met, and failing access to any Candidacy Statements I had nothing with which
to gauge the skills and commitment of individuals to hold an executive
position within a developing NFP organisation.

What is usual (in NGO and NFP election processes) is for each nominated
candidate to prepare and make publicly available a Candidacy Statement prior
to the AGM so we (the voters) know who you are, what you have done, and what
you are able to bring to an Executive level position. Unfortunately without
this information it was impossible for me to cast a vote of any value so I
chose not to vote at all.

Perhaps this (Candidacy Statements) might be a good process to implement for
the next AGM?

Rgds, Don