[Computerbank] Suggestions for one step beyond.....

OK, I opened my big mouth on healing, lets look at some practical solutions:

COMMITTEE COMMUNICATIONS:
Reminder email to all CAI, to reacquaint them with the web site, and gently
reminding them where minutes live.

Ensuring there is meeting calendar on cai page - amended as dates changed

Emailed reminders that meeting has occured, check <url> for minutes etc (this
could be templated, and even automated via scripting to occur a week after
meeting.

All coordinators to ensure their reports are available online, and url posted
to cai in advance - say two days before scheduled meeting

Agenda online two days before meeting - hence all submissions to be received
efore then - perhaps we need a scripty thing to do this, to reduce the
workload on our volunteer-only and heavily overworked secretary? Perhaps
rotating responsibility through committee?

GENERAL COMMITTEE STUFF:
Clear definitions of expected tasks for each role of Secretary, President,
etc. We expect a great deal from those in somewhat tenuously defined roles,
and from unpaid volunteers! Perhaps definition would ease unrealistic
expectations, and provide those elected with clear understanding of
expectations and tasks.

Don's suggestion of Candidacy Statements should definitely be looked at, for
adoption into constitution if possible. Excellent idea - especially given the
distribution over states of candidates!

Actually, lets look at Constitution. Goddess knows, we need it!

Clearer voting procedures. Secure online voting in advance possible? Passwords
issued in advance for those unable to attend to cast their vote before day?
(Computer generated and scripted for impartiality, of course!)

Rules for meeting procedures, and expected/acceptable behaviours for meetings.
(Yes, i'm in desperate need there, arent i peeps?;)  )

COMMUNICATION:
Suggestion box - electronic would be good, anonymous if possible...

Developing mechanisms to handle disputes and tensions - so everyone has an
equal voice. Some sort of gripes forum, with resolution the expected outcome.

Procdures for lodging formal grievances, and for handling same.

OTHER:
Define state structures adequately, and the processes within them, so all feel
included and informed of process(es). (The current situation of ill defined
consenus leads to much confusion and difficulty imho!)

What can we automate in these suggestions? What can we spread to other people,
not just committee? What can other people contribute? Don and I have started
the ball rolling - lets see what the rest of you gifted creative types can
do!

r:)
??????????????????????????????????????????????????
Romana Challans
GPG Key fingerprint =
F09E F80E 5DCA 9476 7753  9423 2CC7 81E8 4F07 1AD2

State Coordinator
Computerbank Australia Incorporated, SA Branch
http://sa.computerbank.org.au/

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the
continent, a part of the main."
(Meditation 17, John Donne)