Re: [Computerbank] food for thought : Too easy?

Thank you for this link Romana.
>http://www.linuxandmain.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=293

I have posted it to our Computer Angels list with references to the LUG in
Burkina Faso, and the following paragraph:

"One of the problems in the great egalitarian dream that has so much to
recommend it is that it presupposes that everyone can do everything, or
should be able to. This in turn requires that nothing be much more
difficult than, say, watching television. Problem is, the result is the
same amount of satisfaction that one gains from being able to say that he
or she has succeeded in watching a television program. So perhaps it would
be a good idea if we were to consider, in evaluating the marvels of
progress, their effect on our ability to genuinely claim a sense of
accomplishment."

I think this is a great analogy for those that wish to be participants or
recipients of your programme; recognising a need to use a computer, not
just have a computer.

All the best
Jacqueline McNally
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.ca.asn.au)